Saturday, February 16, 2013

Status

 

The surgery itself went okay. The surgeon told me that I would probably stay overnight due to my other medical problems. I had to stay two nights because I was running a fever but the CBC didn’t indicate a serious infection so I was sent home yesterday afternoon even though I still have a low grade fever.

I am in quite a bit of pain, have no appetite to speak of yet and just feel rundown in general. I have been on Opana ER for over a year so at the hospital they added Dilaudid. I was getting both injections and tablets. I was sent home with a Dilaudid prescription but because I am being treated by pain management, I was unable to get the prescription filled without it being okayed by my pain doctor. Unfortunately, it was so late in the day that the pain clinic was closed and they aren’t open on weekends. Needless to say, I had a rough night.

I still have a lot of gas which makes me very uncomfortable. I can burp but can’t pass gas rectally and my bowels aren’t working yet. Hopefully, these problems will resolve by Monday or I will have to call the surgeon’s office.

I hope to be able to resume regular posts next week.

bladecatz@mail.com

Blade

No comments: