Thursday, September 5, 2013

I Feel Like Schleprock…

 

Bad luck seems to follow me. I look up every once in awhile almost expecting to see that little dark cloud over my head. You know, the one that used to hang over Badluck Schleprock on the Pebbles and Bamm- Bamm Show.

schlep

I have received so much help in the past that I hate having to ask this but time is running out.

I am overdue for my five year check-up at UNC Cancer Hospital. I have postponed twice already due to all of the problems hubby was having this spring and summer. It's very important that I keep this appointment next week. Since this is my five year check-up, there are some tests that have to be done. After this appointment, if all my tests all come back normal I will only have to go every two years.

Hubby had managed to raise $150.00 to pay for gas, parking at the hospital and to get the oil changed in our car. It hasn't been changed in nearly a year and we can't afford to have it break down since it is our only vehicle. Unfortunately, our bad luck reared it's ugly head again. The car was due for the yearly safety inspection and our tires didn't pass. The cheapest set of tires we could find were $330.00 so we had to use that $150.00 plus some of the money that we were supposed to pay on our monthly bills and the little bit that is left from hubby's pension after household expenses, to get the tires. Now we are behind on our bills and have no money for the trip and the oil change.

My appointment is scheduled for September 11 so there isn't a lot of time.

We would really prefer to sell pens rather than have money donated but at this point any help would be so greatly appreciated.

http://www.hubbyshandcraftedinkpens.yolasite.com/

bladecatz@mail.com

Blade

No comments: